1. FX MUSIC: ‘GIRL FROM IPANEMA’ CUTS OUT CRUNCH SPARKING SOUNDS CRUNCH
2. SUSAN What happened? Why have we stopped?
3. JAMES The lift’s stuck. There’s a phone here somewhere.
4. JILL Over by the door. SCUFFLING SOUNDS Be careful. That’s me!
5. FX MUSIC COMES BACK ON CONTINUES IN BACKGROUND
6. JILL Thank goodness for that. At least we can see, now.
7. SUSAN That was dreadful – so black. I could see nothing – not even my hand. Ugh!
8. JAMES RATTLING PHONE Hello? Hello? Damn! It’s not working.
9. SUSAN PANICKING How will they know we’re here? They will know we’re here, won’t they?
10. JILL] TOGETHER Of course!
JAMES] How the hell would I know?
11. SUSAN Bang on the doors! YELLS Help! We’re stuck in here! Somebody – help!
12. JAMES That’s no good. No-one will hear you.
13. JILL Well, what do you suggest then? We can’t climb out through the ceiling like in the movies.
14. SUSAN Can’t we? Oh, no. It’s too high. PANTS Is it getting airless in here?
15. JAMES Of course not. Well not yet, anyway.
16. SUSAN I get claustrophobia. How long will they be? Oh hurry and find us, please.
17. JILL Well, I’m going to sit down and rest. We could be here for quite a while.
18. SUSAN WAILS. Oh, don’t say that!
19. JAMES For God’s sake, shut up!
20. FX CRUNCH MUSIC WAVERS THEN CONTINUES LIFT HUMS DOORS OPEN SCRAMBLING SCUFFLING SOUNDS
21. SUSAN Thank God! That was awful!
22. JAMES DISGUSTED You can say that again!
* * *
(C) copyright Jud House May 1997 & 28/09/2011
* * * * *